by Kate Loving Shenk
This article is for all you right-brained creators out there. Writers are often trying to squeeze themselves into a left-brained box because they think that’s how they will achieve success as a writer. Success may mean different things to different people, but I am sure we’d agree selling tens of thousands of books to adoring fans would be a magnificent milestone! However, this is a big dream, and we need to hold that thought as we break things down into manageable pieces and proceed from there. This article is not a cookie-cutter solution to achieving success. You are a unique soul. Your job is to embrace your creativity and make your contributions work for you and for those you touch with the work you do.
What is your core message? Your core message is also your signature program. You have birthed this message out of something you are passionate about. You love it. Maybe it is difficult to put into words what you know to be true, let alone package and sell it to the people who are waiting for your unique gifts. Your signature program helps you to clearly and simply communicate compelling content that magnetically draws just the right people to your arena. You speak their language. You understand them. They see themselves in what you offer.
Your signature program may come when you least expect it. Mine came as I lay on a cold exam table, waiting for an x-ray to my left knee after a bad fall. The words flashed before my mind and I wrote them down immediately. Always, ALWAYS carry a small notebook and pen with you wherever you go.
“Branding” is a concept many right-brain creatives resist. They may feel restricted as if being stuffed in a box of someone else’s making. Remember this: the more you bring your fully embodied, authentic free spirit into your work, the right people will be attracted to you. This is what your signature program will do for you.
Ways a Signature Program Can Be Communicated:
- As a book series, kindle, eBook and print.
- As a focus for your blog posts.
- As a focus for your right brained business plan.
- As a focus for a webinar or telesummit series.
- As a focus for a public speaking opportunities.
- As a focus for your so-called elevator speech.
- As a focus for an e-course, paid and free.
- As a focus for your newsletters.
- As a focus for a membership site.
- As a focus for a forum site.
- As a focus for guest blogging opportunities.
- As a focus for your own unique story.
- As a focus for your article marketing.
- As a focus for your Squidoo Lenses.
- As a focus for your health, wealth and abundance.
The word focus is key. Right-brain creatives may have difficulties focusing. In fact, the fast-paced world tends to obliterate memory, recall, or even the ability to read a full length book.
- Your signature program will help you and your customers focus.
- It will help you to be infinitely more productive.
- Remember to pause, reflect and celebrate all of your achievements. Unplug from technology at least one day a week.
- Meditate on your signature program. Make it larger than life. Craft it into the art form of your life.
Hot Tip from Kate
Your signature program will engage you with the creative process. This begins with a rich dream life and integrates your waking and dreaming life into a cohesive whole. The solitude and quiet you create to bring this reality into fruition must be balanced with your engagement and promotion of your work. You can learn to love each of these equally. Stay focused and never give up.
My name is Kate Loving Shenk RN BSN. I have been a nurse for three decades. I love having meaningful conversations with people about their “Love of Life” and what it means in relation to prayer and eradicating the fear of death. It makes me crazy how American society sweeps death away and no-one speaks about it.
This is why I’ve created the “Uprooting Our Fear Of Death: Bringing IT Out of the Closet” Google Hangout Webinar series, as well as “The Prayer Prescription Series,” and will be doing Teleseminars on these subjects this season and beyond. I invite you join my community. You will receive three audio interviews I did with death, dying, and after-death experts!